5.30.2012

quack quack.

our long memorial day weekend began with mini-he's school graduation. he still has one more year of preschool, but we were there to congratulate his classmates who were moving on to kindergarten. i'm still very proud of the progress he made this year...as one who had a difficult time transitioning to preschool, he's come a long way.

on saturday, we visited ho'omaluhia botanical garden for the first time. it's a huge park tucked up against the mountains on the windward side of oahu. i love coming to this side of the island because it is so lush and green. there's a lake full of fish and ducks to feed, small hiking trails, picnic tables, and lots of lawn space so you never feel crowded. on weekends, you are even allowed to fish (catch and release). the area in my photos is just one part of the garden. according to the map, there are several more areas like it if you keep driving back. with a permit, you can even camp there. on this day, i met up with a friend and his kids, but i brought my parents back a couple days later. more photos from the rest of the weekend
to follow.

mini-he said, "mom, i'm not a graduate. i'm an undergraduate."
don't forget your bread for the ducks and fish!
every tree/plant is labeled.

24 comments:

Nia Langley said...

Nice! It looks like you had a lot of fun.

xoxo

nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Congrats to your little man. I'd be proud too.

Also, I checked out the park. Do you live in Hawaii? We want to plan a trip there. Hope you don't mind me emailing some general tourist questions?

Meri said...

looks like you had fun with the duckies! I'd love to visit this park if I return to Hawaii!

Loves Happy Hour said...

Looks like you folks had an eventful weekend! I've been wanting to go to hoomaluhia for years now, and still have not gone! hopefully that'll be on me summer to do list!

Shybiker said...

Congrats on the kiddy-graduation. I love places like this. Your pictures are pretty.

oomph. said...

yes, i live in hawaii on oahu. sure, you can email me :)

oomph. said...

definitely put it on your list! so pretty here.

oomph. said...

my friends kept talking about it...so we finally went since we were in kaneohe @ the graveyard. you must go...take lunch and just hang out.

oomph. said...

thank you!

Confessions Of A City Girl said...

Oh nice, seems like fun times. Some of these pictures look like they belong on a postcard lol

~Sherine
Confessions Of A City Girl

DeniseAngela said...

Lovely photos & so cute mini-he's comment!

Unknown said...

Oh man, I was just on Oahu and didn't visit the Botanical Gardens! Now I wish I did. It looks so pretty!!! Love your pictures.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

Brittany Sims said...

Lovely pictures!

Unknown said...

looks like so much fun!!! great pics! xo -lisa

Anonymous said...

What a lovely expedition!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Enter my HANDBAG GIVEAWAY!!!

Angela said...

oh how fun.

Call me M said...

What a beautiful place! I'm sure you had an amazing time there!

Kaari Mulk said...

You look so pretty ! :)
Lifizine
xoxo, Kaari

Steven Brown said...

I love a blogger with great visuals :)...I am now following. I hope you can check out my site: http://theproverbs.net and FOLLOW. You are such an inspiration. Hope you hear from you soon. Thanks

steven

Allison said...

Your outfit is so cute!! And I love the ducks!!

:)
Allison
afashionfiles.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

ohhh your cargo romper is SOOO SO CUTE!!! i heart it on you!!

Julie (Little Pink Rain Boots) said...

Gorgeous pictures, what a perfect way to spend Memorial weekend. Mini He's comment is too cute.

Elle Sees said...

looks like a beautiful place!!!

SpryOnTheWall said...

You make me miss Hawaii so much (I only spent 10 days there, but I fell in love). Funny story, when my hubby and I landed in Oahu I looked out the airplane window and I told him "We are coming back for our 10 year anniversary.". He said " You don't even know if you like it here, we haven't even gotten off the plane.". I looked at him and said "Oh I like it, I LOVE it!". That means we have to come back in 2014! LOL! My girl has one more year in preschool too! Growing up so fast....

01 09 10